Thursday, February 23, 2017

Books I Will Never Read ๐Ÿ˜•

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I wanted to post something different and write about the books I will never read. Now, for most of these books on this list, I will never read them because they just don't interest me and I have no desire to read them whatsoever. I was inspired by a book tuber named ReadLikeWildFire to write this blog post, as it is something not often addressed in the bookish world. But without any further ado, let's get into it. 


The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. These books have been so over hyped and I'm completely over it. I absolutely have no interest in reading them now as I pretty much already know what happens in them ('cause I have been spoiled so many times by numerous people). I also have no desire to watch the movies, but I will admit they do look really cool. But it's just not my cup of tea. 


The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth is another dystopian that I will never read. Dystopian is a genre that I'm not drawn to and since I've been spoiled for the ending of this trilogy, I don't see the point in reading them. For me, it will be a waste of time. Plus the movies have been going downhill and I'm not interested in them to begin with. This trilogy has also been seriously over hyped and like I said for the last one, I'm over it. 



The Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling. I'm not entirely sure if this is going to be on this list forever. But as of now, I have no desire to read this series. This is another series that the over-hypeness (if that's even a word) has ruined it for me. I do understand why people have grown up reading this series (for its fantastical elements with the combination of friendship and romance) but it has never grabbed my interest. But since I'm trying to read more fantasy, maybe (just maybe) I will probably pick this up in the future. 
*I only have the first book pictured here, because there are a ton of books in the series, and I think we all know what there called.* 

The rest of the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver. I've already read this first book which is Delirium, and I really enjoyed it, but now I've waited way too long to read the second book (Pandemonium). I don't remember what happens in the first book and now I have no interest in reading the rest of the trilogy. Like I still haven't read Pandemonium and its been over two years now. Plus there were also some mixed reviews on the last book and how it ended on such a cliffhanger. So I think it's safe to say I'll never be reading the rest of this trilogy. 





The next two books in the Rebel Belle trilogy by Rachel Hawkins. I do have plans to read Rebel Belle because I have heard great things about it. And it seems to be right up my ally. As for Miss Mayhem and Lady Renegades, I haven't heard good things. I hear that the second book is not as good as the first one, but then the final book goes downhill and its even worse than Miss Mayhem. So, after I read the first book, I don't want to waste my time reading the next two books. 
As for Rebel Belle, I'm intrigued and excited to see what this book has to offer. 



Well, those are all the books I can think of off the top of my head right now. I will probably make an updated list in the future. But, I thought this would be a little something different to post. If you guys have any books you'll never read, then let me know in the comments below. I really wanna know. I also want to apologize to you guys about my lack of blogging. I haven't been on my blogging game lately because I've been so busy with school work. And right now, that is my top priority. Don't worry, I will get back into it soon. Happy reading and until my next post. Goodbye for now. 

No comments: