Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My January TBR

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I know I'm a tad late with writing this post. But I still wanted to express what I plan on reading in the month of January. I read around 5 books a month (which I think is a pretty good average) but this year, I do want to raise the amount of books I read. However, I'm slowly going to be raising this amount gradually and not all once. So, for now I plan on reading 5 books this month. So without further ado, let's get into my TBR. 
This is a book that I thought I would pick up randomly from the library. I've heard great things about this book and it deals with issues like immigration and I haven't read a book that deals with this topic before. So this is something new for me. I've also read books by Melissa de la Cruz before, and I've really enjoyed them. I'm currently reading this right now and I'm more then halfway done. This is quite the fast paced book and I'm actually enjoying this one so far. The overall book is about a girl named Jasmine whose family immigrated from the Philippines to California. Jasmine is a senior in her high school and has qualified for the National Scholarship Award. However, when she gets home to tell her parents, she finds out that their work visas have expired and Jasmine and her family are living in America illegally. Then Jasmine meets Royce and they develop a romance. But Royce is the son of a congressman who is against the immigration bill. So this causes problems for Jasmine and Royce but also her family. Anyways, I'm enjoying this book a whole lot. And hopefully I'll get this done soon, and maybe have a full review up for it in a little while. 


This is another book I'm currently reading at the moment. I just started reading this yesterday and I'm only 12 percent into this book. So, I don't have a actual opinion on this one just yet. This is the sequel to, To All the Boys I Loved Before, so I'm not going to reveal the plot for this one as there are some spoilers. The premise for the first book, is that a girl named Lara Jean keeps letters to all her crushes in a hat box underneath her bed. But when they accidentally get sent out, she has to confront all the boys that she's ever had a crush on. That's the basic premise and I did really enjoy it. But my only complaint was that Lara Jean was very childish and immature. And I'm noticing that a lot more in this book. Hopefully I'll get this done soon as well and I'll maybe post a full review on this book. 





I haven't heard a lot about this book, but the concept sounded very interesting so I thought I would give it a read. This book deals with the 7 deadly sins, so that intrigued me even more. I'm going to go into this book without knowing to much about the story. And I will find out what happens once I start reading. I do know that it has 7 different perspective and we follow each of their stories as they go through different experiences in high school. Okay, that's it. I'm done talking about this book. 









This is the second book to the Until Friday Night series. Now, I'm not exactly sure how many books there are going to be within this series. But this book involves a lot of sports (football mainly) and of course romance. This is also a companion novel to the previous book so it does focus on other characters in the same setting as the previous book. This story in particular focuses on Willa, Gunner and Brady. Willa has made some bad decisions in her life and because of those decisions, she thinks that the best way to protect herself is to not let anyone get close to her. Gunner and Brady both used to be friends with Willa and Brady even had a crush on her when they were kids. (Brady is the cousin of the main female character from Until Friday Night). Meanwhile, Gunner loves his life, he only cares about himself and his family practically owns the town of Lawton (I'm not exaggerating it literally says that in the synopsis), but Willa is his only exception. I'm excited to read this and hopefully I'll enjoy it like I did with the first book. 


This is the last book I plan on reading this month (hopefully I'll read it sooner). But I've heard so many amazing things about this novel and I really want to get into it. This book takes place in the same world as the Grisha trilogy (which I have not read) and it mainly deals with six different characters who go on this mission to host an insane heist. It's from the point of view of these six characters, Kaz, Inej, Nina, Matthies, Wylan and Jesper. This book is supposedly very diverse and I do plan on reading more diverse books this year, so this is one book going towards that goal. 


So that is it for my TBR I hope you all enjoyed. What books do you plan on reading this month? Let me know in the comments below. Happy reading and until my next post good bye for now. 😊

No comments: