Sunday, December 4, 2016

Currently Reading Thoughts

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I'm currently reading You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan. 
I didn't really intend on reading this book, but for some reason, something sparked my interest and I thought I would pick it up now. I'm about halfway done this book and so far it's pretty good. The characters can come off as being a little over dramatic sometimes but not in an annoying type of way. (*side note: When it comes to books, I'm slightly drawn more towards characters in a book than its plot, that's why I tend to write more about the characters*). Anyways, this book is extremely entertaining. 

This book is about two people Mark and Kate, who go to the same high school and have never spoken to each other. Until one night, Mark and Kate finally cross paths. Kate has ran away from the one person she's in love with, while Mark is in love with his best friend (who may or may not like him back), but he still hasn't told him. As a result, they develop this beautiful friendship and they grow to learn from one another. As they go through their own separate journeys, they still remain friends and share a bond to last a life time. 

Okay I know that last part sounded a little cheesy and slightly dramatic but its true. I really love the two characters, even though they appear to be overly dramatic (especially the supporting characters). I'm sort of annoyed that Kate's friends are not being very kind/supportive towards her at all. I don't know they just seem to brush her off when Kate really needs them. And Ryan (Mark's best friend) is kind of an asshole. Like why is Mark in love with this douche?! Anyways, this book is so entertaining and fast paced, I am enjoying every minute of it. I hope to finish this by tomorrow or even the day after. 

 *side note: I just finished Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters and I'm thinking of doing a review of that book and You Know Me Well together in one post. So that will definitely be up soon.* 

Happy reading and until my next post, goodbye for now. 😊

No comments: