Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Festive Christmas Book Tag ❤️🎄❄️

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I thought it would be festive and fun to do the Festive Christmas Book Tag. This tag was created by GirlReading on YouTube. There is a total of eight questions so without any further ado, lets get into it. 

1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with? 

If I had to choose any family it would probably it would be the family from the Firebird trilogy by Claudia Gray. They are such a loving but scientific family, and I think it would be cool to learn a lot about science from them while having Christmas dinner. 

2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift? 

I think a reading journal would be really cool to receive as a gift. And also a bookish mug would be awesome to get as a gift as well. 

3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf? 

I had a really hard time with this one, but I would choose Penny from Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. She is so innocent and childish just like an elf. But she is also successful with her blogging and works hard on it like an elf would on Santa's Christmas presents. 

4. Match a book to its perfect Christmas song.

I would go with All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey and Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Their romance is literally goals and it's all I could ever want during the Christmas season. Okay, I know that putting a notebook in a bookstore and have someone else do the dares and not meet in person seems kind of strange. But it puts such a unique spin on a typical romance, I love it so much. 

5. Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you've been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list? 

I would say Away We Go by Emil Ostrovski. I had such high expectations going into this book. Unfortunately, it did not meet any of those expectations and I felt very disappointed with the book's outcome. I thought it had potential to be such a great novel but it just wasn't executed well. So yes, this book would have to go on the naughty list for sure. 

6. A book or fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the nice list? 

I think that the Summer series by Michelle Dalton deserves more love and appreciation from readers. They are such great summer reads and I highly recommend you check them out. 

7. Red Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderful Christmas feel to it? 

Besides the Dash and Lily books, I'm gonna have to choose Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler. Even though this cover has no red, gold, or green on it, it still expresses such Christmas feels and the cover makes me so happy. It has the cookie and the powered sugar to look like snow. It is such a perfect Christmas cover. 

8. A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too? 

The series/trilogy I would choose is the Asylum trilogy by Madeline Roux. This is one of my favourite paranormal trilogies of all time and I would want everyone to read this because it is so good. I was captivated by the first book to read the second and third book plus, they are so addicting and gripping. This is the perfect trilogy to read during the month of October or anytime of the year really. 

So, that is it for the Festive Christmas Book Tag I hope you all enjoyed. I tag all of you to do this if you haven't done it already. And comment below your answers. Happy reading and until my next post, goodbye for now. 

No comments: