Saturday, December 31, 2016

Books I Want to Read in 2017 📚

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and 2017 is upon us. I can't believe that tomorrow is gonna be 2017. This year was quite the negative one that took a toll on all of us politically, socially, and even having celebrities die before our very eyes. So because of this, I'm excited to start this new year and see what it has to offer. And since it's a new year, that means having new books to read. My TBR is clean and I'm starting off fresh with the books that I want to read in 2017. Now, there are so many books that I can list here but that's gonna make this post super long. So instead, I'm going to name my top ten books that I must/want to read in 2017. These titles are not in any particular order of significance but these are the books I need to get to before 2017 is over. And if I don't get to any of these, then I will be very upset. So without any further ado, let's get into my list. 

                                                               ❄️                                         


1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. 
I have heard so many amazing things about this book. At first I wasn't interested because it's not a genre that I'm normally into. But since I've heard so many people talking about it on book tube and Goodreads, I thought that it was now time to finally get my hands on this book. Honestly, this is my most anticipated read for 2017 along with Crooked Kingdom. I'm just excited to see what this book has to offer. 






2. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. 
My thoughts on this book are pretty much the same as the previous book mentioned. But this is the second and final book to Six of Crows duology. I'm just excited to buckle down and read this book (after Six of Crows, of course). Apparently this novel has broken the hearts of many people (according to book tubers, and book lovers alike). So, I'm afraid that if I read this, then I'm gonna go into some sort of book hangover and not want to read anything else after that. Anyways, lets see how it goes. 




3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. 
I have heard such incredible things about this sic-fi book. But since it's not a genre I normally pick up, I've avoided reading this for quite sometime. But again, many book tubers have raved on about how amazing this book is and how everyone should read it. So, I thought I should give this book a read sometime during this upcoming year. It's interesting how this book is told through different forms of media, and even though its a thick book, it reads quickly so hopefully I'll read it soon and I'll enjoy it like everyone else has. 




4. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. 
This is the sequel to Illuminae. I've heard nothing but great things about this book as well and I'm excited to read it in 2017. Now, before I move on to another book, can we just talk about how beautiful the covers are?! I love how holographic they look and the colours look so well together on the shelf. It's very aesthetically pleasing. 😊







5. Heartless by Marissa Meyer. 
This is another read that everyone has already read in the year of 2016 and this book was written by the same author who wrote the Lunar Chronicles series. I've heard amazing things about both Lunar Chronicles and this book. I love how this one is a stand alone book and it's an Alice and Wonderland retelling focusing on the Queen of Hearts and how she became that queen. I've heard that this is a very dark book about love, history, and one's self-discovery as to how she becomes so evil in the end. As you can probably already tell, I'm excited to read this book in 2017 and see if I'll enjoy as much as everyone else has. 


6. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. 
This book has been on my shelf for so long, that at this point I just need to get to it ASAP. This is a great contemporary book I've heard wonderful things about. Well, it's won multiple awards so it must be a fantastic book. Apparently it deals with serious issues that remain relevant to our society today and I'm super excited to get into this in 2017. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to read this more towards the summertime. 





7. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. 
I previously read Everything, Everything by her and I really enjoyed it. So, I want to give this book a chance because I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book even before its initial release this past November. This one deals with issues such as immigration and first love. It also deals with other issues that remain relevant in our society  (just like I'll Give You the Sun). So, yes I'm excited to get into this one soon in 2017. 





8. Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven. 
I've read All the Bright Places which was her debut novel into young-adult and I very much enjoyed it. I haven't heard a ton on this book around book tube, and I've also seen some mixed reviews on this book as well. However, that doesn't stop me from wanting to read it. Despite hearing and seeing these mixed reviews, I'm still willing to give this book a chance and see what it has to offer. 






9. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst. 
This was an anticipated release for November this year and I've heard some mixed reviews about this book. But despite those comments I'm still excited to give this book a chance. I love how it's a fantasy novel with LGBT characters. That's not something we see often in young-adult and I'm glad it's finally coming to light. This is an author that I've never read anything from before so I'm intrigued to find out what her style of writing is all about, and how well her stories execute onto paper. 




10. The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee. 
The last book on this list and one I will hopefully get to in 2017. I'm very intrigued by the plot as it takes places in a futuristic New York and how it's been compared to shows like Gossip Girl (which I love). I've heard good things about this book and it's been on my mind for quite sometime now. The second book to this series or trilogy will be out sometime in 2017 so I'm excited to read this and then get my hands on the second book. 




                                                                    ❄️                                           

That is it for this list and I hope you all enjoyed. What books do you plan to read in 2017? Let me know in the comments below. Since this is my last official post for 2016, I just want to wish you and your family a very happy new year and hope you have an incredible 2017! Happy reading and until my next post, goodbye for now. 

No comments: