Monday, October 31, 2016

The Halloween Book Tag ๐ŸŽƒ

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and in honour of Halloween today, I thought I would do this short little tag called The Halloween Book Tag. This tag was created by book-tuber, Naomi TheBooklover. I've seen other book tubers do this, so I thought it would be fun to do this quick tag. So, without any further ado, lets get into the tag. 

1. Carving pumpkins--What book would you carve up and light on fire? 

I haven't read too many books that have made me want to burn books on fire. But there is one that I can think of in particular and that book is The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando. I read this book recently, and I despised it. I hated the main characters so much that I grew frustrated with them halfway threw the book. I couldn't wait for this book to be finished because I just wanted to be done with it. So yes, I would actually burn this book. 

2. Trick or Treat--What character is a trick, what character is a treat? 

The character who is a treat is Paige from The Start of Me of You by Emery Lord. Paige is just a sweet, and wonderful character to read about. And I felt such a deep connection with her, which I haven't truly felt with any other character in a long time. The character who is a trick would be Theo from the Firebird trilogy by Claudia Gray. Now, Theo is not a bad person, but there are qualities to him that I didn't like so because of that, he is a trick. 

3. Candy Corn--What book is always sweet? 

Pretty much any book by Morgan Matson. All of her books are so sweet and entertaining. I highly recommend her books to read. 

4. Ghosts--What character would you love to visit you as a ghost? 

Probably Brandon from As I Descended by Robin Talley. Brandon is such an awesome character, and I really liked reading about him. *spoiler alert* Brandon does die halfway through the book, and Brandon is based off of Banquo from Macbeth, so it makes sense that he would be a ghost. Anyways, I just thought that he would a great ghost to pick. 

5. Dressing up in costume--What character would you want to be for a day? 

This one was kind of hard to decide. But if I were to ever dress up as any character for a day it would probably be Arsinoe from Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. She is such a bad ass character, who wasn't afraid to speak her mind, and be a little rebellious at times. She was my favourite character in the book, and I can't wait to read more about her in the next one. 

6. Wizards and Witches--What is your favourite Harry Potter moment? 

I haven't actually read Harry Potter so I don't have a favourite moment. 

7. Blood and Gore--What book was so creepy that you had to take a break from it for awhile? 

The one book I would choose for this one would have to be The Accident Season by Moria Fowley-Doyle. This book got really creepy at times that I had to take a second to put the book down, and take a small break from it. I really liked this book for its gripping and suspenseful qualities, but the characters were what turned me off slightly from giving it a five stars. 

So that is it for The Halloween Book Tag I hope you all enjoyed. If you want to do this tag, then I tag you to do it in the comments below. Happy reading and until my next post goodbye for now. And Happy Halloween everyone! ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ

No comments: