Saturday, October 8, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and I am back with another book to share with you guys. I am currently reading Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. She is the author of the paranormal duology Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares, but she has also written other books. 
Anyways, I only started reading this yesterday and I am only halfway done. It just goes by so quickly, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I will say that the pacing in the beginning is very slow, but it does pick up about 100 pages in. It is for sure worth the read, I can't wait for the next book. 

The book is about three girls who are sisters and they are the next generation of triplets on this island called Fennebirn. The three sisters have magical powers. Mirabella is an elementalist, while Arsinoe is a naturalist, and Katherine is an poisoner. The twist is that two of the sisters are faking their gifts, which means  they almost have no chance of being queen, unless they can hide it. While the other has her true gift, but she's not sure if can kill her sisters for the throne. So yes, all are in line for the throne but only one of them can get it, which means, they have to fight for it. 

This book is dark, intense, and creepy on so many levels. This is the perfect book to read during fall and winter and it is definitely one that you can devour on a cozy cold, rainy, cloudy day/night. However, I was confused at first because there were so many characters to follow, but I eventually got the hang of all of them and that was when the pacing picked up. After you get used to the characters, the book is amazing. The world building was well done and I was able to envision what everything looked liked and what was going on as well. 

I will be finishing this soon and I will have a full review up in a little bit. That is it for this post, happy reading and until my next one goodbye for now. 

No comments: