Saturday, October 1, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I'm back with two books that I'm currently reading at the moment. I started reading both this weekend and I am happy with how these books are turning out so far. I will finish both books soon and have reviews up in a little while. So without any further ado, let's get into the books. 

The first book I started reading was Messenger by Lois Lowry. This is the third book in The Giver's quartet. This book has connections with the first and second book as it brings back characters from each story. I really liked seeing what ended up happening with Jonas and Gabe and also with Kira as well. This book is definitely more interesting than Gathering Blue, as I enjoyed reading about Matty's life slightly more than Kira's or even Jonas'. This isn't as good as The Giver, but it was better than Gathering Blue. I am almost done this book (I just have to read couple more chapters), but I think I'll be done by tomorrow and I will have a review up soon. 






The second book I'm currently reading is As I Descended by Robin Talley. What intrigued me about this book was that it is a modern retelling of the Shakespearean play Macbeth. And to top it all off, it is LGBTQ+ oriented. Also, can we just talk about how beautiful this cover is?! Anyways, I started reading it just today, and it is so amazing. It is similar to Macbeth but I really enjoyed how she put her own twist into the story and really made it her own. I will be finishing this book soon as well, and there will be a review up in a bit. 








That is it for this post, I hoped you all enjoyed. Let me know what books you're currently reading at the moment in the comments below. I apologize that this blog is short, and not how I usually do it. But I promise it will be the way it normally is soon. Happy reading and until my next post, goodbye for now. 

No comments: