Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fall/Winter Book Recommendations!

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here. Since it's almost October, and we are in the fall and winter months I thought I would give you guys 10 book recommendations that are perfect to read during this time of year. Now, these are books that I personally recommend, so if you don't agree with this list then that's okay. So without any further ado, let's get into it. 

         ------------------                             -------------------                         -------------------



1. The top books that I would recommend for fall/winter (especially during Halloween) is the entire Asylum trilogy by Madeline Roux. The first book is, of course Asylum, the second book is Sanctum and the final book is Catacomb. I read this series last year when I was in desperate need of a supernatural/thriller, and I'm so glad I picked this up when I did. This is such an amazing trilogy, it is one of my favourites for sure. I have no favourite individual book in this trilogy, I just love them all equally. By the way, there are also the novellas and the prequel that I have yet to read. I will read them next month for sure. 



2. The next trilogy that I would recommend for the fall/winter months is the I Hunt Killers trilogy by Barry Lyga. I came across this trilogy very unexpectedly during class when I was in high school, and I was intrigued by the plot. I read the first book (I Hunt Killers) and I was immediately hooked. I read the second book (Game) sometime later and it was even more addicting than the first one. Now, I thought it was going to end there, but then I found out there was going to be a third book, and I was the happiest girl on the planet. *literally* And the third book (Blood of My Blood), was just as great as the previous book. I find that this trilogy just gets better and better with each book, and it is a highly addictive series. 



3. The next book I recommend is The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle. I just read this book in September, so if you do want to read my full thoughts on this book, there is a full review on this blog. I loved this book because it was so gripping and addicting. And there were points where I just couldn't put the book down. It is also a great book to read in the fall, because it does take place in October and I think this book really got me in the mood for fall and Halloween. However, there were some elements that I didn't like, but that doesn't mean I hated the book. It was a great book for its suspenseful elements. 



4. The fourth book I recommend is A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. From the cover to the storyline, it all just screams fall. Even though I read this in the spring, it is still great to read it during this time of year, or you could even read it anytime. I also have a full review on this book if you want to read more of my thoughts. I enjoyed this book so much. It was very mysterious, and gripping. Since this is the first book to a trilogy, I'm excited to see what the rest of the series has to offer. 

*These next three books, are Christmas books that I recommend you guys to read during the holidays* 



5. This next book is Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Leviathan. I love it when this duo writes books together because they always come up with cutesy, lighthearted contemporaries that make your heart swoon. I think this is the perfect book to read during the holidays, because hello, Christmas in New York?! And it really gets me in the Christmas mood which I love. Plus, the fact that there is indeed a second book coming out in October, I will for sure get my hands on it quite soon, and reread this book. 


6. The next book is Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnston and Lauren Myracle. This is another perfect holiday read to get you in the Christmas spirit. I like this one because there are three different stories to read, so you get a variety of stories in one book. And each story is written by one of the three authors. Three stories=three authors (if that makes any sense). In each story, it focuses on different characters that all somehow intertwine with another one, and I swear it is such a good read.  


7. The last book I recommend you read during the holidays is My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins and twelve different authors (too many to name). This book has a collection of twelve different short stories that vary in characters and story lines. All of the individual stories have (of course) a lot to do with the holidays, and some of them have more of an fantastical element than others. I liked most of the stories within this book, but there are some that will surprise you. 


8. This next book I recommend you guys to read, is A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern. I recently read this in September and it was such an amazing book. This book is definitely perfect for fall, and it really got me in the mood. It does deal with more serious issues, but it ends on a very positive note and it gave me all the feels. This author's previous book Say What You Will, is just as amazing, and I recommend that one as well. 


9. The second last book I recommend for fall is The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine. I read this a long time ago, but from what I remember, it was such a incredible read. This is one of my favourite contemporaries of all time and yet it is perfect for fall. But you could also read it during any other time in the year as well. It truly gave me all the feels and it made me smile at some points. If you want a cutesy, fluffy, light read, then this is the book for you. This author also has other books out like The Secrets of Attraction and The Season of You and Me and they are both just as good. 


10. The final book I am recommending for fall/winter is the House of Night Series by P.C and Kristin Cast. I have the first book, which is Marked, pictured here but there are also eleven other books in the series that you must check out. The books (in order) are: Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, Burned, Awakened, Destined, Hidden, Revealed, and Redeemed. I know that this series is a hit or miss for most people (including me), but I still think this is a series worth reading. And despite the hate that it gets, I still cherish it as I have matured and grown with the series. It is a perfect read for Halloween and autumn for its paranormal, creepy and thrilling elements. 

                -------------------                      ------------------                        -------------------

So that is it for my top 10 book recommendations for fall/winter I hope you enjoyed. If you are interested in any of these books and want to find out more, then I will leave a link right 
here: https://www.goodreads.com so you guys can check out the summaries on what each of the books are about. If you want more posts like this, then let me know in the comments below. Happy reading, and until my next post goodbye for now. 

No comments: