Monday, September 19, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I'm currently reading two books at the moment (despite me working on schoolwork and have a bunch of assignments coming up). Anyways, one book was already on my TBR list and another is the second book to a series that I thought I would pick up. I really enjoy both books individually and I will have reviews on them both as soon as I have the time to post one. (Hopefully it's soon).

The first book I started reading was Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. This is the second book to the Giver's quartet. Since I read the first book The Giver (for educational purposes), I was genuinely curious in what the other books had to offer. So, I picked this one up from the library and gave it a read. I am less than halfway done the book, and so far it's not too bad. I'm enjoying it, but not as much as The Giver. But I'm still looking forward to reading the last two books in the quartet. I also don't really like Kira as a character, as she's very dull and overall, not interesting to read about. Personally,  I like Jonas better from the first book.
*SPOILERS ARE AHEAD* *YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*
I'm assuming this book takes place in the same world as The Giver, but this time it's about when the weak are not accepted. Kira is recently orphaned, and is physically flawed. So they originally plan to place her in "The Field" (which is a place to die). But they discover that instead of eliminating her from the society, they decide to use her as someone who restores the Singer's robe because she has great skills with her hands. But despite all of this, she is still left with an uncertain future (for what happens after) and goes on a quest to find out the truth.

I'm not sure if that plot made sense, but I hope it helps. Oh! and I'm sorry for the spoilers. *sad face*  
Anyways, a full review will be up soon after I finish this book.

The next book I'm reading is My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga. This was on my TBR for this month, and I'm so glad I picked it up when I did. This book is amazing, you guys! It is so beautifully written, and it is breathtakingly fantastic. This is one of my favourite books I've read this year hands down. This is a book that I cannot put down, and I will be finishing it tonight for sure! I like Asyel as a character, and I also like Roman as well. They are both great characters that are both going through extremely difficult times in their lives resulting in depression. I highly recommend this book, if you want something more dark, mysterious, and it deals with serious issues.

This book is mainly about Asyel who's obsessed with death and she is trying to find ways to end her life. When she comes across this site called Smooth Passages, and looks into a section of it called Suicide Partners, she meets FrozenRobot known as Roman. They end up becoming partners and will die together on the same day. But the more she gets to know Roman, the more desire she has to live her life and (maybe) not want to go through with it. However, maybe she can convince Roman to do the same.

I seriously think this is an amazing book, and hopefully I will do a full review with all of my thoughts soon.

                   -----------                                    --------------                                -------------

So that is it for this blog I hoped you enjoyed it. If you have read any of these books than let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I do apologize for my big spoiler for the first book I'm reading, as I do think it's best to go into the book without knowing much. However, I'm anticipating that I didn't spoil major parts of the book and if I did, then I'm so sorry. Anyways, happy reading and until my next post, goodbye for now.

No comments: