Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and I apologize for not being too active this month. This is because I haven read too much and I haven't felt the motivation or need to post. For two weeks this month, I have been in a pretty deep reading slump were I had no desire to read. I pretty much have been watching Full House for most of this month, and I needed to get out of the house. So, I did. I knew that I needed the motivation to read again, so I went to a bookstore and that did just the trick. *I posted a picture on my Instagram @nicolehendersonreads*
   
Anyways, back to the main reason I'm posting. I'm currently reading The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. This is the first book I'm reading by him and I have to say it's pretty good so far. I am intrigued to read more of his books. I have heard mixed reviews on this book and so I was slightly hesitant to start reading it.

From what I understand from the plot, it's basically about the main character Mikey, living in a world where there are always the chosen ones saving the day (called the 'indie kids') but it's in the perspective of a non-chosen person (Mikey). And in the mist of living in this world, all he wants to do is graduate with his friends, go to prom, and ask out the girl of his dreams, Henna. One thing happens after another and Mikey has to figure out what is going on and prevent more negative things from happening. And sometimes, you just have to find the extraordinary in the ordinary.

That is pretty much it for this post, I hope you all enjoyed. There will be a review posted on this blog soon. And until then goodbye for now.

No comments: