Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and I'm officially out of my reading slump and I am currently reading two books at the moment. The first book I'm reading is Entwined by Heather Dixon. I'm halfway done this book and it was rather difficult getting into it at first, but after about 125 pages or so it starts to pick up. I think it's a really good novel so far and I recommend it. I will explain more of my thoughts in the full review to come.

In terms of its plot, it pretty much follows the same storyline as the fairytale The Twelve Dancing Princess. Since I don't know too much about the fairytale, it was interesting to go into this book with a different perspective than someone who does have a stronger knowledge on the classic story. It's helping me understand more of the fairytale and book in general.





The second book I'm reading is Ten Things We Did (and probably shouldn't have) by Sarah Mlynowski. I originally picked up this book because I was still in the mood for a good contemporary since it's still summer. I read most of this book in one day and I could not put it down. It is a very entertaining read and I'm enjoying it so far. But my only issue with this book is the main character April. I find her to be extremely naive specifically when it comes to her boyfriend Noah. *Spoiler Alert* It became clear that Noah wanted to break up with her, and she sort of figured it out but then ignored it and now there still together. LIKE WHY!?
That is my only complaint about this book, but other than that, it's a really good book.

The book is about this girl named April and she ends up living with her best friend Vi for a semester because, April's family moves to Cleveland and she obviously doesn't want to go. However, to make it happen she has to tell a small white lie to her dad. Now that she's there, she has juggle with a love triangle, do her own laundry, and accept that her "carefully constructed world" is falling apart around her. She now has to accept the consequences from the "shouldn't haves."

So that is pretty much it for this post. There will be full reviews for both of these books soon. But until then, goodbye for now.

No comments: