Thursday, July 14, 2016

BOOK HAUL (2)

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I am finally doing a book haul on this blog. Well, technically I did one on here before but that was a long time ago. Anyways I am so excited because I have some amazing books to show you that I have wanted to buy/read for quite some time now. I have a total of 8 books to show you today, so without any further ado let's get into it. 

The first book I bought is Escape from Asylum by Madeline Roux. This is the prequel to the Asylum trilogy which I have already read last year. I loved the trilogy so much and they were all such entertaining and suspenseful reads that I recommend it to all of you. Anyways, I have been wanting something like this for quite some time and since it is a prequel it will definitely fill up some missing details and further explain how certain events occurred from the trilogy. I am very much looking forward to reading this book during the Halloween season as I love books like this during that time of year. *Note: When I saw this book in the store for the first time, I literally squealed like a little fangirl. I was kind of embarrassed, but really happy at the same time so it was all good.* 
The next book I bought is Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten. This was another anticipating read/buy, as I have been intrigued by this book for awhile now. Also, can we talk about beautiful the cover is?! It's just so simple and it really represents what the book is about so well. It's about these two best friends that were inseparable. However, when Delia burns in flames, many people think it's a suicide. But June doesn't believe that.   She believes that Delia was in fact murdered and June is determined to find out the truth. Anyways, I am so looking forward to reading this and seeing what it has to offer. 




This next book I have to show you is called The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. This is one book that I have been wanting to get my hands on for a really long time now. The movie adaption to this novel is just fantastic, and I always have wanted to read the book. I have heard amazing things about it, so I'm excited to give it a read. It is a darker novel as it talks about the topics of murder and crime. It's mainly about a 14 year old girl named Susie Salmon and she's murdered in December of 1973 by a neighbour of hers. It deals with the tragedy and the surviving family as they try to figure out who murdered Susie. That's all I really know about the plot based off of the movie adaptation, and I'm looking forward to reading it soon. 



This next book is called The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. I have read Open Road Summer by this same author and I really enjoyed it, so I wanted to read more of her work. I heard some good things about this book and I thought I would give it a chance. And I also want to mention that this book cover is absolutely stunning! I personally think that this is better than the hardcover edition, because it has more of a "summery" feel to it. Anyways, it's about a girl named Paige who lost her boyfriend in a swimming accident a year before the book begins. And she spends the year hiding away, when she suddenly decides that she needs to do something other than sit around. So, she sets up a plan to finally get back out there. She wants to ask out Ryan Chase on a date (who she's had a crush on), and join a club. But the plan turns into a serious loop when Ryan's nerdy but sweet cousin Max arrives into town. This book is about starting over and finding love again after a difficult time and I am looking forward to reading this book soon.

The next book I bought is Dreamolgy by Lucy Keating. This was another anticipated read/buy for me solely because the plot to this book is so original and different it just really intrigued me. It's basically about this girl named Alice and she has been dreaming about this boy named Max since as long as she can remember. In the dreams they are so in love and Max is pretty much the guy of her dreams. Max is kind, sweet, and caring. The problem is, is that they don't know each other and so when Alice walks into class at her new school, she sees Max sitting there right in front of her. But the reality is, is that Max is nothing like dream Max and getting to know one another is not as sweet as Alice hoped. However, when their dreams start to appear in their waking world, they have to put an end to a lifetime of dreaming about each other. So yeah, I'm looking forward to reading this book and seeing how it turns out.

I also bought some classic books that are new editions and they have such beautiful covers. And I wanted to show them you on here but unfortunately I'm having difficulties uploading them from my phone. So I will upload a picture of the books onto my new Instagram account: nicolehendersonreads.

Anyways that is pretty much it for my book haul, if you have read any of these books then let me know what you think of them in the comments below. If I get around to reading them at some point during the rest of this year, then there will be book reviews posted on each individual book. So that is it for this post and until my next one, goodbye for now.

No comments: