Saturday, May 28, 2016

May 2016 Book Wrap Up

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and in this post I will be showing you guys the books I read this month. I only read 3 books which isn't too bad, but I wish I read a little more. Anyways, my initial thoughts on all of these books are pretty much the same. I really enjoyed all the books I read, some more than others but they were all very entertaining to read. These are the books that I read in order, from the beginning of the month to the end. 

The first book I finished this month is Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill. I technically started reading this in April but I finished it in May so that is why I'm adding it to this month's wrap up. I really enjoyed this book as it was a very entertaining and light-hearted read. There were so many elements of this book that I really loved like the romance, and the coming-of-age between the main characters. It was an amazing book which I strongly recommend.  For my full thoughts and details on this book, check out the review I posted below.  






The next book I read is A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. I just read this recently, like maybe a week ago and it was an exciting read. This was a re-telling on the classic Sherlock Holmes, and I loved every bit of it. From the mystery, to the refreshing romance and even the characters. This book had the different elements from the classic books and it was mixed in with some modern twists to make a story of its own. And it was amazing, on so many levels!  This is the first book to the Charlotte Holmes trilogy, and I am very looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy. For my full thoughts and more details on this book, I just posted a review in my last blog post. So go check it out. 




And the last book I read this month is The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. As I am writing this, I am still currently finishing it; but I know I will finish it sometime tomorrow. Nonetheless, I can officially say that this is one of my favourite books of this year. This was an amazing book which I could not put down. It had everything that I looked for in a contemporary; like heartbreaking moments, romance, friendship and family, and self-discovery. This was a fantastic book, and I was so glad to receive an ARC for this book in courtesy of Simon and Schuster Canada. So, thank you so much to them for letting me have this copy, to write an honest review. I am still finishing it at the moment, but once I'm done I will definitely be posting a full review on all my thoughts and feeling on this book very soon. 


So, that is it for this months book wrap up. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Like I said before, I loved all these books so much, and they all had their own unique stories that were all amazing. And each book has/will have their own reviews posted here on this blog. So, until my next post, good bye for now. 

No comments: