Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Ultimate Book Tag (2)

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I know I just blogged minutes ago, but I was very much in the mood to blog again. So, I thought I would do the the Ultimate Book Tag. I believe this tag was created by TheChapterChicks on Youtube; so I give full credit to them for making this tag.  It's been awhile since I have done one, so without further ado let's get into the tag.

Questions:

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? 

Yes! I get very sick while reading in a car, on the bus or anything that's moving. I tend to get rather queasy when reading anything. I actually have tired reading on the bus one time and I couldn't even read one page; I had to put the book down right away. 

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why? 

I can't name a author off the top of my head right now. But I have read some books that had a unique writing style. 

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer. 

I know you guys are going to hate me for this, but I have never actually read the Harry Potter Series. So because of that, I am going to have to say the Twilight Saga. I have the read the first 2 books in the saga. It didn't like it very much, now looking back on it. I have seen the movies and they were okay. 

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what's in it (beside books)

I do have a book bag and it's this white purse that I have, and it fits my books that I'm reading. Besides that, I have my glasses, my phone, headphones, and a notebook with a pen. 

5. Do you smell your books? 

No, I don't really smell my books. 

6. Books with or without little illustrations? 

Personally, I like both. I think that books with little illustrations brings something different and makes it unique. 

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? 

I have this issue with many books I've read. But if I had to choose one I would say it were most books in the House of Night series. I know that's not one book in particular but I have felt this way with some of its books. I loved reading them, but then I realize later that the writing was not the greatest.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? 

 I don't have any stories that I can think of at the moment. 

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf? 

Some of the classic books I have on my shelf are pretty thin. Like Klee Wyck by Emily Carr, and Endgame by Samuel Beckett. 

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf? 

I believe it is Game by Barry Lyga or The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. 

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author? 

Yes, I do write and right now I am currently in the process of writing a book of my own. And I do see myself as being a best selling author in the future. 

12. When did you get into reading? 

I started reading when I was in grade six, but I was never fully into it like I am now. When I really started reading excessively was in 2012. I was going through a very difficult time in my life and books were the only way that I could escape all my problems. Now I read a lot and I love it. 

13. What is your favourite classical book? 

I haven't read any classic books that I would call a favourite. 

14. In school was your best subject English/Language Arts? 

I am currently in university and I'm actually planning on majoring in English, so yes I would say that I enjoy English. 

15. If you were given a book as a present that you have read before and hated...what would you do? 

I wouldn't say anything about hating the book, or say that I read the book already. I would politely say thank you for the gift, and than return the book for a new one that I would like. I know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth. 

16. What is a lesser known series that you know that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games? 

I know that a lot of people are going to say this, but Divergent. By now it is very well known with their movie franchise, and the books are widely popular. But at some point they were not well known,  so yes I am going to say the Divergent series. 

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming? 

I don't actually film any videos. But if were talking about bad habits in general, then I would say that I bite my nails quite a lot. LOL :P 

18. What is your favourite word? 

I actually don't have a favourite word. 

19. Are you a nerd, dork, dweeb, or all the above? 

I'm mostly a nerd, but I guess I'm all the above. 

20. Vampires or Fairies?

100% Vampires. 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? 

I can't decide which one is better. They both sound awesome. 

22. Spirits or Werewolves? 

Spirits. I love the paranormal, and reading supernatural horror books. 

23.  Zombies or Vampires?   

Do I need to answer this one? 

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love? 

I would say both. I enjoy both elements within a story. 

25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes in it? 

Doesn't matter to me I'm not very picky when it comes to books like that. But if I had to pick, I would say say a book that's action-packed with only a few love scenes. 

Anyways, that's it for The Ultimate Book Tag. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it and getting to know a bit more about me and my love for reading. So, until my next post, goodbye for now. 

No comments: