Friday, May 20, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and since my last blog post I have started reading 2 books. 

This first book I am currently reading at the moment is "A Study in Charlotte" by Brittany Cavallaro. I am halfway done this book, and so far I am quite enjoying it. This is the first book in a trilogy. I have come to the conclusion that I will definitely be reading the rest of this book as well as the whole trilogy. I really like the characters more so than others, but they intrigued me to read on. 

The summary of "A Study in Charlotte" is that, it revolves around Jamie Watson who goes to a private school in Connecticut, meets Charlotte Holmes and when one student gets murdered both of them are framed and they have to clear their names. And on top of that both of them are the descendants of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson (who are real people in this story), and Sir Arthur Conan Dolye is the literary agent that wrote all their adventures. 

This is a really interesting modern twist on Sherlock Holmes and I look forward to finishing the rest of this book. And there might be a book review being posted soon about this, who knows? 

The second book that I am currently reading at the moment is "The Unexpected Everything" by Morgan Matson. The copy that I am reading is actually an advance reader's copy that I received in order to give an honest review. So, I just want to say thank you to Simon and Schuster for giving me a free copy. Now we all know that Morgan Matson is one of my favourite authors, so every book of hers is amazing and this one is no exception! I love all of the characters introduced so far, and there all very realistic which is what I look for in any contemporary. 

The overall summary is that, a girl named Andie is the daughter of a congressmen so her life is very publicized. But when a scandal involving her farther arises and her summer plans do not turn out the way she wants them too, she ends up getting a summer job of being a dog walker. And everything turns around 'unexpectedly' for the better. A romance is introduced (as with all contemporaries), and she ends up finding out more about herself than ever before. 

I am really enjoying this book so far, and I can't wait to finish it. Now since it is a long book, I'm not sure when I am actually going to be done (I take my time with long books like this) but I will definitely post my review soon. 

So those are the books I am currently reading right now. I may or may not be posting book reviews on these soon. But until then, bye for now! 

No comments: