Monday, August 11, 2014

Kalona's Fall by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

Genre: paranormal (vampires), young-adult, fantasy (magic), romance


Published: July 29th 2014


Pages: 160


Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin


                             Synopsis

From the Sun and from the Moon, two winged brothers are born: golden Erebus, playmate and friend, and mysterious Kalona, warrior and lover, companions of the Goddess Nyx.
   From the first, Nyx loves them both deeply, but differently. With Erebus, she can talk and laugh, and dance, and take joy in the games he plays among the humans of the Earth. With Kalona, the fire in her body burns brightly, and she can rest in the solace of his strength and protection. But for Kalona, Nyx's nights are not enough. Every second he is not with her, he is filled with doubt and longing, and every time he fails to please her, he cannot forgive himself. Ruled by anger and jealousy of his brother, and consumed by his love for the Goddess, Kalona seeks the power to prove his worth, and to claim once and for all that Nyx eternally belongs to him.
   And at the edges of the Earth, a Darkness is stirring, waiting for its chance, for the doorway in through a heart that it knows will welcome it. 

                                                                    Thoughts    

 This is a very unexpected review, but I wanted to be able to share my thoughts with you guys on this last novella installment in the House of Night series. 

I have wanted this novella since I first heard that there was even going to be a novella on Kalona. And that was probably about a year to two ago. But as I have been reading the House of Night series, I was always curious about Kalona, and his past, and to understand why he is the fallen immortal he is today. So this novella was an opportunity to discover all of that.

1. I loved how this novella gave me a better understanding of Kalona's past and his love for Nyx, and why he fell from the Otherworld.

2. I was shocked to find out, that Nyx was portrayed, very differently in this novella than she does in the actual HON series. In the novella, Nyx was very immature, girly, and naive. In the series, she is very serious and wise. It just did not make sense to me at first, but then I realized that, that happened a long time ago, and that a certain event can really change someone and become a different person then they once were.

3. More towards the beginning, it focuses on the authors world building for the HON series, so because of that, I was able to understand something that I 100% never understood throughout the whole time that I have been reading the HON series.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this novella. However, I wouldn't say it was my favourite novella, but like I said before, I still enjoyed reading it enough to give it a higher rating.


                                                               Rating

                                            3.5/5 

No comments: