Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Genre: romance, young adult, new adult, contemporary

Published: October 30th 2012 (paperback)

Pages: 259

Publisher: Simon Pulse


                               Synopsis
 
Ashton is getting tired of being a good girl. It's exhausting trying to live up to the expectations of her parents and to be worthy of the town's prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe that's why she's found herself spending time with Sawyer's cousin Beau while Sawyer is away for the summer. Beau is nothing like her perfect boyfriend. He's the sexiest guy she has ever seen, dangerous in way she's only dreamed about...and the guy she should stay away from.
     Beau never envied Sawyer his loving parents, his big home, or his position as quarterback. He loves Sawyer like a brother. Which is why he's tried everything in his power to keep his distance from Sawyer's girlfriend. He's been in love with her for forever, but Ashton is Sawyer's girl, and off-limits. But when Sawyer leaves for the summer, Ashton, the one girl Beau would move Heaven and Earth for, suddenly wants to rekindle their friendship.
     What starts out as friendship slowly becomes something more. Much more. Ashton and Beau don't want to hurt Sawyer, but the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. And it's getting way too hard to resist...
 
 
    
                                                                             Thoughts
 
I will admit I have been eyeing this book, for a long time now, and I am so glad I picked it up when I did. I was expecting a forbidden romance to come out from this novel, but it wasn't exactly forbidden for very long. I was also expecting a steamy romance as well, which is exactly what happened. Okay, I can go on all day about what I expected from this book, but then this review would last forever. Since I finished Meant to Be (which I have a review on this blog), that involves a good girl (and not so good boy). I was definitely in the mood to read a book similar to the good and bad of the main characters.
 
I seriously can't believe that I literally read this book in ONE day. That is crazy for me, because I have never in a million years have actually read a book in one day. I was addicted from page 1 and I couldn't put it down the entire time. I was surprised to find out that this was actually a very light and quick read. The first half of the book reminded me very much of the 2014 movie  Endless Love which I adore, so if you guys have seen it then you will understand why. Then the second half was when most of the drama and heartbreak occurred.
 
I LOVED Ashton as a character from start to finish. She didn't bother me at all, and there wasn't any point, where I was super irritated with her. So I was able to read the book without getting completely angry, which is a good thing. The way the author described her, was amazing. Like she was GORGEOUS!!!! I wanted her look of blond hair, green eyes, tan legs. I was actually jealous, no seriously I'm not kidding I was. The reason being was because:
1. I have wanted to dye my hair blond now for a while.
2. I want green eyes, to replace my brown eyes. ( I know that it's not gonna happen)
3. I want to have tan legs, but I don't live near a beach so where can I go to tan?!
But the number one reason why I loved Ashton, was because I felt that I could relate to her, and I felt connected with her, just by reading this. I was sort of always the good girl, with a bit of bad inside of me just wanting to come out just like Ashton throughout the novel.
 
There's not much to say about Beau, but man was he ever amazing?! He was a sexy character, from his handsomeness(that's not even a word), to his personality. Obviously, since I am a girl I can't relate to him, but I can understand that by the end of the book he has a lot of issues to go through because he has found out that him and Sawyer are brothers. Yes, I said brothers! I was sort of expecting it, but then again I wasn't. If you want to know how this whole brother thing happens, then you're going to have to buy and read the book to find out. :)
 
Overall, I am in love with this book. I would consider this book to be one of my favourite books of all time. I very much recommend to you this book, if you want a light, but dramatic summer read, that is quick, as well as one that has a hot romance.
 
 
                                                                  Rating
 
                                                5/5

No comments: