Saturday, August 17, 2013

Book Review: Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton

Sixteenth Summer

Genre: young-adult, romance, contemporary

Published: May 3rd 2011

Pages: 283

Publisher: Simon Pulse

                                                                                         

               Synopsis(from the book)

Anna is dreading another tourist-filled summer on Dune Island that follows the same routine: beach, ice-cream, friends, repeat. That is, until she locks eyes with Will, the gorgeous and sweet guy visiting from New York. Soon her summer is filled with flirtatious fun as Anna falls head over heels in love. But with every perfect afternoon, sweet kisses, and walks on the beach, Anna can't ignore that the days are quickly growing shorter, and Will has to leave at the end of August. Anna's never felt anything like this before, but when forever isn't even a possibility, one summer doesn't feel worth the promise of her heart breaking...

                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                      Thoughts

At first I had no intentions of reading this when I first saw this book on Goodreads,  but then I had this sudden urge of wanting to read it and have it in my hands really badly. It just happened one day.  So when I finally purchased it, I was super excited to read this. I did and I literally fell in love with this book. I loved everything, and I mean everything about this book. It played out so nicely. Just the way the story flowed with no "bumps in the road" was just simply amazing.  The characters were great, I loved the setting, which was on a beach (I love beaches).

Anna, was a fantastic character. I loved Anna. She wasn't mean, selfish, snobby, or  a total bitch. She was nice, happy, positive, in love (like most characters are). If she were a real person, I would love to be friends with her. Yeah, that is how much I adore her. Anna is literally, everything I want in a character when I write my own book someday. I found that I could relate to Anna a lot in this story. With how she felt, and the way she thinks is how I would think too if I were ever in her situation. There are honestly no more words for me to describe her, but to only say that she was an amazing character.

Will, was another fantastic character. He was sweet, and nice. He treated Anna well, which is what all guys should do in young-adult books. He was everything I wanted in a guy. Generous, genuine, kind etc.. I'm pretty much just repeating myself before with Anna.

Sixteenth Summer is an amazing book, and one of my favourite books of all time. Just because it was so light, beachy, and romantic. It was anything anybody would want in a summer book. It was absolutely perfect. I love Michelle's writing style, and how it flows along with the story.

                                                                                                                                                                  

                                                                    Overall Rate


                                                                            5/5
                                                                                                                                                                

                                                                   Last Words

I really felt happy while reading this, I hope other people have read this, and have felt happy as well. Michelle Dalton is one of my favourite authors now. I recommend this book for people who want a perfect book to read on the beach. Of course, for people who want a summer romance, so wonderful. That's it for this review, until the next one, goodbye everyone! 

No comments: