Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Book Haul (1)

Hello everyone, it's Nicole Henderson here. You know, I like to go to used book stores from time to time. The reason being is because, the books are cheaper, and even though there used books, they still look in good condition. Anyways, today, I went to a used book store, because....well I don't know why, I just needed new books for myself. And I go into the store not knowing what books were going to be there, and the total amount of books I bought were 4 books. I will give info. on the books, give you a summary on them, and tell you why i picked them up. Here we go:

The first book I bought was Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. It is an older young adult vampire book, being published in 2008. The whole saga was made into movies(like you guys obviously know that already).  
I won't give away too much because this is the last book to the Twilight Saga. It's pretty much about Bella Swan experiencing a love-triangle between Edward Cullen, who is vampire, and Jacob Black, who happens to be a werewolf. After getting married, Bella ends up becoming pregnant, with Edward being the father. Once the child is born, the baby is mistaken for some reason I cannot remember, but you guys have most likely seen the movie, if not, then go to Wikapedia, and read the full plot, or get the movie on DVD. And the story pretty much goes on from there (and I'm sorry I couldn't really help you out). 
I picked up the book because I have not read the whole series because, I have not had the whole series in my collection of books. I have only read the first two books in the Twilight Saga, even though i own Eclipse, I have yet to read it, including Breaking Dawn. I honestly, wanted the whole saga already, 'cause it has been way to long.

The second book I bought, was Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz. It was published all the way back in 2007. It is another paranormal vampire series, and it consists of 7 books. This is the first book to the series.
This book is about a teenage girl named Schuyler(interesting, yet confusing name) Van Allen, goes to this prestigious private school in New York City. Then her life changes, when the death of a popular classmate happens, and it haunts her. Then Jack Force, who the most popular boy in school, takes interest in her. Plus she discovers that the most exclusive social circle are inhuman. Blue Bloods(hence the title of the book), are a group of vampires, and have been for centuries. But something is preying on the group, and Schuyler wants to find out "the truth".
I picked up this book mainly because, I wanted to start reading vampire books again, and i needed a new series, with a new story line, new characters, and a new setting. I just needed something new and different. Of course, I was curious so, I bought it.

The third book I purchased, was The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells. This a contemporary summer novel, that was published in 2010.
This is about a 16 year old girl named, Mia Gordon, who has the best summer of her life, at Indigo Beach, with a boy with pale skin, and how it deals with the ups and downs of first love.
I picked this book up because, I needed another summer read, and I thought it was quite mysterious sounding. I have heared that this is quite an emotional book, but I am willing to keep an open mind on it and see how it turns out to be.

The last book I ended up purchasing was Summer Boys by Hailey Abbott. It was published 10 years ago, which was back in 2004. And it is part of a series called Summer Boys(which is the title to this book by the way). The series consists of 4 books, with this book being the first one.
The plot of the book is about three cousins, Ella, Beth, and Jamie and they all end up having potential summer romances, but something has to get in the way for all these girls to get the man of their dreams. Ella has a crush on a boy, who happens to be her sister's boyfriend. Beth is starting to fall for her best friend. And, Jamie, fell for a boy the summer before, but ends up getting her heart broken, by him. There is going to be lots of drama, this summer.
I have heared of this book before, plus a good friend of mine actually owns this book. So I definitely wanted to own this book for myself.  I have read some of Hailey's books before, so I know what her writing style is like. I picked it up today because  I needed just a light summer book that was going to fly by quickly, but still also have a little bit of drama. I'm quite excited to read this book. It will be a perfect beach read for me.

So that is it for my first book haul on this blog, and I will do a lot more of them. I am still trying to get better at this whole blogging thing, I am still new to all this, and it will take some time for me to be an expert on this. Anyways, back to the books, I am really happy about my purchases and I look forward to reading them sometime soon. That is it for this book haul, until the next one. Goodbye, everyone.

No comments: