Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Book I'm Currently Reading

Hello everyone, it's Nicole Henderson here, and I know I haven't been blogging in a bit, and I'm really sorry about that. I was so busy with being on vacation and getting ready for going back to school. I really hope I am able to manage my time with school, the homework, life, and also with this blog. If not them I'm very sorry, but that's life. So, back onto today's blog. The book I'm currently reading at the moment is called The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells. Like in my last blog that I did about this, I will summarize it in my own words on what it's about, and then tell you my thoughts about the book so far.
Summary: A 16 year old girl named Mia Gordon, goes away from home to spend the summer in the Hamptons. At first she is looking forward to it, but when her cousin Corrine becomes distant, she is disappointed about her cousin's new lifestyle and friends. But everything changes when she meets a boy named Simon at a party. And things take an unexpected turn for the better and for the worst.

Thoughts: I have to say I do like this book, but I wasn't expecting
what I read to actually happen when I first picked it up.(spoiler alert) There's drinking and partying, and drugs are being used, I was pretty shocked. However, I do understand this because I have realized that people I know actually do party and drink and smoke weed. And it's not my cup of tea to do any of those things. Now, I'm not hating on this book, I really do like it. It was perfect for me to read half of it  while on vacation on the beach because I really got the feeling of the setting and what it was actually like. So, I can't make the final verdict. But I am enjoying this book so far.

So, that is about it for this blog. I really do hope you guys like seeing my thoughts. I really do want to be done with this book, so I can do a book review on it, and also start on another book as well. So,until the next one. Goodbye everyone.

No comments: