Saturday, January 21, 2017

Currently Reading Thoughts *non-spoiler*

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I'm currently  reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I literally just started reading this yesterday and I'm more than halfway through. This is the first book in the Six of Crows duology. I know I'm very late coming on this train but I'm so glad I got into it. I love all the characters, the world building is fantastic and the budding romances are very intriguing. 

The overall book is about Kaz Brekker who has a crew that helps him out with the jobs he is given, (Jesper and Inej are just two of them). But when Kaz is offered a job to go on this incredible heist, he needs his crew to assist him on this journey. Jesper, Inej, Nina Mattheius and Wylan are apart of the Dregs (a gang of some sort). And the story takes off from there. 

I love how there is a combination of serious and funny moments. Those comedic moments are like a comic relief for the reader and it makes everything less tense for just a little while. I now understand all the hype and why this book has been given so much praise throughout the book tube community. It is a highly addicting read that keeps you on the edge of your seat with suspense. I'm constantly wondering what's gonna happen next. 

I'm very excited to read the final book Crooked Kingdom and discover the fate for each of the characters (either it be romance, or their own individual lives). A full review will be up once I'm finished reading. Happy reading and until my next post, goodbye for now. 

No comments: