Thursday, December 1, 2016

December TBR ❄️❄️

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I thought I would do something a little different and share with you guys my TBR for the month of December. I have 5 books that I plan on getting to this month, but if I don't complete all of them then that's okay. I've already begun reading 2 books so I will mention those first (and finish first), as for the rest of the books, I don't plan on reading them in any particular order. So without any further ado, let's get into my TBR. 

The first book I plan to finish this month is Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters. I started this last month but I didn't get a chance to finish it. I'm actually almost done this book and I plan on finishing it very soon. I've read books by this author before and I actually like some of her books. They aren't my absolute favourites ever, but I still recommend them. With this particular book, I do find that the dialogue between all the characters seems really forced. And I don't really have a connection towards any of the characters either, so the book is sort of lacking in that department. I do like this book, but I don't love it. And I don't think I will have a full review for this one just because I don't have a ton of thoughts on it. Maybe I'll combine this book and another book and do two reviews in one post. Anyways, this book is pretty short so it is a bit of a fast read for me, and like I previously mentioned, I will finish this very soon. 

The next book I plan on finishing this month is You Know Me Well by Nina Lacour and David Levithan. I literally just started reading this tonight so I don't have an actual opinion on this book yet. But I do hope I enjoy it because I've heard great things about this one. I've also been wanting to read this for quite sometime now and I'm so glad I'm finally getting around to reading it. Also, I've loved both of their individual books so I'm excited to see how this turns out with them working together. 





The third book I plan on reading in December is The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. This book was just released in October and I swear this is my most anticipated read for this entire month. This is the long-time-coming sequel for Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. I read the previous book a few years ago and I absolutely loved it. I don't believe I read it during the Christmas season, but it is still perfect to read all year round (especially during Christmas time). This will for sure get me in the Christmas mood, and like I mentioned, I'm so excited to read this! This book takes place a year after the first book and Dash and Lily are a happy couple. But things go weary and it all has to be solved. Anyways, I'm intrigued to see how I like this one. 

The fourth book I want to get into this month is This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. Now, I've heard incredible things about this book, and the author. And I'm so excited to finally be reading this. I was really intrigued by its plot to pick it up for myself. Apparently, this is the first book in a duology and I love the idea about there being no romance involved between the two main characters. It's refreshing to read a book that is like this. Hopefully, I enjoy it enough to pick up the second book. 




The last book I want to try to get to this month is My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodie Ashton, and Jodie Meadows. Now this is a historical fiction retelling of Queen Jane who ruled for only 9 days. Except there's a twist. I don't really read a lot of historical fiction so I figured now would be the time to finally get my hands on this book and read it. I've heard some amazing things about this book, and like I said I thought I would read it now. Hopefully I will get to this in December. 





That is it for my December TBR I hope you all enjoyed. Let me know what books you plan to read this month in the comments below. Like I mentioned in my last post, I will be blogging a lot more this month as I lacked the previous month. So expect to see a lot more blogs coming soon. Happy reading and until my next post, goodbye for now. 

No comments: