Saturday, September 3, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and I'm currently reading Away We Go by Emil Ostroviski. I was drawn to buy this book because of its unique concept but also because the cover is just stunning! But, I was in the mood to read a book like this because I am going back to school soon, so I gotta get into the "back to school" mood. 

This book is about these six kids who are all diagnosed with PPV (Peter Pan Virus) and since it's fatal, all teens go to this high school called Westing Academy. It's in the perspective of Noah and it's about his adventures at this high school from his relationships to friendships. And there all counting down the days until they die. That's really all I understand from the synopsis. 

I had very high expectations going into this book, and I thought it was going to be an inspiring, uplifting read. But in fact, it's the complete opposite. I find it to be very depressing and dreary. I understand that kids are dying and they feel hopeless about living, but when your dying, you should want to remain positive and live out your life while you can (like The Fault in Our Stars). I was expecting the book to have the six different perspectives from all the teens. But it was only from Noah's perspective. Not that he's a terrible character, but I just wish that I would've gotten POV's from the other teens that have the same disease in order to truly understand how it affects each kid differently. Anyways, since I am about halfway done I hope the book gets better and maybe I'll like it just a tad more. 

That is it on all my thoughts so far, I hope you all enjoyed. Let me know your thoughts on this book if you have read it (but no spoilers please). A full review for this book will go up once I finish the book. Happy reading, and until my next post goodbye for now. 

No comments: