Monday, August 29, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson and I am back with another book that I am currently reading at the moment. Now since it is almost the end of summer, I thought I would switch up genres and read more of a science fiction book to get myself in the mood for the fall/winter months. Personally, I tend to read contemporaries in the summer months and supernatural, fantasy, and sic-fi in the later months (I'll sometimes read contemporary during these months too).
   
 Anyways, I have had this book on my shelf for over a year now and I thought that now would be a good opportunity to start the first book in the Firebird trilogy.
   
The basic plot to this book is about a girl named Marguerite Caine, and she is the daughter of two scientists (physicists specifically). Her mother invents this device called the Firebird which allows the person wearing it to travel into different dimensions and alternate universes. So when Paul Markov, one of the research assistants, kills Marguerite's father, she and another assistant Theo have to be the ones to track down Paul from different dimensions and murder him. But complications arise when she falls in love with her father's killer.  

Doesn't that sound intense or what!? Moving forward, I am halfway done this book and so far it is pretty good. I am excited to read more to see how the ending turns out. And I will definitely be reading the second book soon. I like both Paul and Marguerite as characters, Theo kind of annoys me at times but he's still a good character. The world building within this book is amazing. And it really helped me to vision exactly what was going on in the book, and I believe it will help me to do the same with the rest of the trilogy.

So, that is it for this post and I hope you all enjoyed. If you have read this book, then let me know what you thought (but no spoilers please). I will have a full review up on this blog once I'm done. Until the next one, goodbye for now.

No comments: