Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August Book Wrap Up

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and I'm here with my August Wrap Up. I read a total of 5 books this month, and I feel pretty good about it because I know I probably won't be reading that much in September. I stuck to my TBR list for the month of August and again, I feel pretty good with that because I tend go off my list sometimes. Now, let's get on to the books I read in August. 

The first book I finished this month was The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. A few years ago, I read her previous book and I really enjoyed it and I have been meaning to read this one for quite some time, but there was never an opportunity to. And I am so happy to have read this book, and I can't wait to read her next one. I thought this book was an amazing read with both lighthearted and heavier elements tied into it. This is one of those books were it looks like it's going to be a happy-go-lucky, fluffy, cute read. But in actuality, it's not quite what you expected it to be. This is one of my favourite books I've read this year and now of all time. For more on my thoughts, I have a full review on this blog. I highly recommend this book, and I rated it a 5/5 stars. 


The next book I read this month was Every Day by David Levithan. I picked up this book awhile ago and I never had the chance to read it until now. I don't have a full review on this book because I didn't have enough thoughts to make an entire review. My thoughts on this book are very vague but to the point. I loved that the writing style was easy to read, yet it was very poetic. The concept was very unique and that's what made this story enjoyable. I really like "A" as a character, and I would like to read more about him. Anyways, I'm excited to read the second and third book in the next couple of months. I recommend this book for you guys and I rated it a 4/5 stars. 


The third book I read this month was Dreamology by Lucy Keating. I have been anticipating this book since I first heard of it and I loved its original and unique concept. I enjoyed this book as it was a very entertaining, cutesy, and lighthearted book. I loved the romance between the two characters Alice and Max. But my only issue with it, was that Alice's love for Max came off as obsessive, and creepy. Other then that, it was still a great book and I highly recommend it if you want some light and fluffy contemporaries. To read more of my thoughts on this book, check out my past posts for the full review. I rated this a 4/5 stars. 




The fourth book I read this month was The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. This is the first book I have read by him. And I have heard some amazing things about his books, and I wanted to read one of them. I thought this was a very funny and entertaining read. But it dealt with a lot of serious issues that I did not expect going into this book. There were a lot of unpredictable plot twists which I really enjoyed as well. My only complaint was with the main character Mikey. I didn't like how he appeared to be very selfish, needy and whiney. It frustrated me that he was acting like this especially towards the end of the book. Despite that issue, I still really enjoyed the book for what it was and I recommend it. If you want to read my thoughts in more detail, then check the full review I posted. I rated this a 4/5 stars. 


The last book I finished this month was A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. This is the first book to the Firebird trilogy, and I was obsessed. I really enjoyed this first book and I want to read the rest of the series. I loved the world building throughout this story and it gave me an idea for what the rest of the series will look like. Plus I was able to vision what was really happening throughout the book (that's a pus for me). The main character was great, as well as Paul and Theo. I liked some more than others, but they were still incredible characters. There were definitely some plot twists that I didn't expect and (like I said) this made me excited to read the rest of the trilogy. My full review for this book will be up tomorrow on this blog. I highly recommend this book if you want a good science-fiction read with lots of action and romance. I am rating this a 5/5 stars. 

                ----------                                     ----------                                ----------

So that is it for this months wrap up, I hope you all enjoyed. What books did you guys read this month? Let me know in the comments below. Happy reading, and until my next post goodbye for now.                      

No comments: