Friday, July 29, 2016

The Ruler of Books Tag

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here and this tag has been everywhere in the book tube community and it was created be book tuber Ariel Bissett. I thought this tag would be fun to do, so without any further ado, let's start the tag.

1. What book would you make everyone read?

Honestly, I would make every one read The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine. I find that this book (plus her other books) are not talked about enough. And I think this book is an amazing but underrated contemporary that I believe everyone should read. Enough said.

2. What would you abolish in book construction?

I would most likely abolish the mass market paperbacks to any book. Everything is so small, like the font and it's extremely difficult to flip through the pages 'cause there so stiff.

3. What author would you commission to write you any book? 

Probably Morgan Matson because she is one of my favourite authors and she always writes amazing summer contemporaries. So I would definitely pay her to write another fantastic book.

4. What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books? 

100% Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. It was my least favourite book last year, and it is still my least favourite book ever. As you can probably tell already, I hate this book. I know it was written by a popular Youtuber, but it was just not a good book. It was way to cheesy and unrealistic. And I have a full review on my blog so make sure to check it out for more on my thoughts.

5. What cover artist would you commission to make a mural? 

There are so many beautiful covers, that I can't choose one. But if I had to choose one person, then it would be whoever designed the paperback version for The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. I just think the cover is gorgeous for its simplicity and light colours. The cover designer is by a woman named Colleen Andrews and I will for sure be checking out more of her work.

6. What characters face would you put on a coin? 

I don't have a character in mind that I would want to put their face on a coin.

7. What book would you award the "Ruler of Books" 2016 Prize to? 

I would have to go with The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. Like I previously mentioned  she always writes amazing contemporaries for the summer. And this one is definitely my favourite book this year. So yes, the prize would go to Morgan Matson on her incredible book.

So, that is pretty much it for this tag I hope you all enjoyed. This was so much fun to do and I don't tag anyone in particular but if you guys want to do this tag, then go right ahead. Thank you to Ariel Bissett who made this awesome tag. And until my next post, goodbye for now.

No comments: