Thursday, June 9, 2016

New York Times By The Book Tag (3)

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and in this blog I am going to be doing the New York Times By The Book Tag. The tag was originally created by Marie Berg, and the questions are based off of a column from the NY Times. I was not tagged by anyone in particular, but I wanted to to do this tag. So without further ado, let's get into it.

Questions

1. What book is on your nightstand right now? 

I actually have two books on the go right now. The books I'm currently reading are Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma and Pretenders by Lisi Harrison. I am less than halfway done Forbidden and it's not too bad. I hear that it is controversial because it does involve incest between the two main characters, but it's not bad so far. I haven't started reading Pretenders yet, but I am going to once I finish this tag. 

2. What was the last truly great book that you read? 

I have read so many books that I've found great, and amazing but I can't think of one off the top of my head at the moment. 

3. If you could meet any writer--dead or alive-- who would it be? And what would you want them to know? 

I would probably have to choose Morgan Matson. I would want her to know that I am a huge fan of her work and that she is a wonderful person. 

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves? 

I don't really have a lot of books that are surprising. But if I had to choose some books on my shelf, they would probably be some of the classics that I had to read for school. Some of these classics are Klee Wyck by Emily Carr, or Obason by Joy Kogawa. I say these books because they are classics that I am not necessarily interested in reading and they just seem random with all my other books on my shelf. 

5. How do you organize your personal library? 

I just organize them with nothing really in mind, just whichever book looks good. But I will say I now organize them according to which books I haven't read yet versus the books I have. So basically, I have my TBR books together on one part of my shelf, then I have my read books together in another sections. But there all on the same shelf. I hope that make sense. 

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven't gotten around to it yet? Anything you feel embarrassed to have never read? 

I have always wanted to read some of Virginia Woolf's novels, and Jane Austen books. But with the books on my shelf, I have wanted to read Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I bought it maybe two/three years ago now but I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet. I want to read it soon for sure. Books that I feel embarssed that I haven't read yet, are definitely the Harry Potter series and the Percy Jackson series. Please don't hate me! 

7. Disappointed, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down and didn't finish? 

The books that I felt I were supposed to like were Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. They are the first two books in the Twilight Saga, and after the second one I stopped reading them 'cause I didn't like them very much. And I don't remember any books that I put down and never finished. 

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?  

I love any contemporary coming-of-age stories with some romance. But I also love any supernatural horror stories as well. I tend to stay away from any dystopian books, just because I get bored with them easily and it was a genre that I never enjoyed reading, 

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be? 

I have no idea. Nothing really pops in my head. 

10. What do you plan to read next? 

After my two books, I don't have anything specific in mind but I would like to read something that is a little more light hearted. 

So that is it for my tag, I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. I love doing these tags because you guys get to know more about me, and there also fun to write. Anyways, until my next post goodbye for now. 

No comments: