Saturday, June 11, 2016

Currently Reading

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here. And I mentioned in my last blog post that I was reading two books. These books are Pretenders by Lisi Harrison, and Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.

 The first book I will talk about is Pretenders by Lisi Harrison. I initially picked this book up to read because I wanted a book that was little more on the lighter side, in terms of its depth. Which this book does have some heavy content but it's nothing too dark, its mostly light-hearted. I say this because the next book I'm currently reading does involve some heavier subjects so I kind of needed another book to balance things out a little bit. Anyways, on to my actual thoughts. This book is amazing so far. I am more than halfway done with the book, and I flew through most of it in one sitting (that's how good it is). I will for sure finish this book tomorrow so I could do a full review on it.

The main synopsis is about 5 different teenagers who are all freshman in high school and one of their assignments is too write in journals about all their thoughts and feelings throughout the year. They all come from various backgrounds and have different circumstances that they must overcome during the first two months of the school year.
Anyways, that is all I will be sharing with you guys, in concerns to the synopsis because the book doesn't really tell you too much on what it's about. So its best to go into this book not knowing a lot about the plot.

 The second book I'm currently reading is Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. There is a lot of controversy surrounding this book because it  involves incest between the brother and sister. We all know that incest is wrong and it is a criminal offence, but to them that doesn't matter (I will explain more of my thoughts on that in my full book review).

The main plot of this book is that, they always felt more like friends than brother/sister because they have to care for their younger siblings when their mother is not able to 'cause she's an alcoholic. They always had this connection towards one another and one day it all come crashing down. And that's basically all you need to know for the synopsis, because it's the best way to describe it without spoiling too much of the book.

I honestly do not know what to think of this book just yet in terms of its content. But my initial thoughts on the whole book are that: it's not too bad. I'm having a hard time getting into it despite the fact that I'm halfway in right now. I'm not really connecting with the characters that much either. I kind of expected to go into this book really liking it. But now that I'm reading it, I'm not sure if I do. Once I gather my thoughts, there will definitely be a review up on this blog.

So, that is all of the books I'm currently reading at the moment. There will be full book reviews once I'm done reading these books. Until my next post goodbye for now.

No comments: