Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review: Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler

Genre: young-adult, contemporary, romance, realistic-fiction

Published: May 21st 2013

Pages: 352

Publisher: Simon Pulse

                                                                              

               Synopsis(from the book)

Jude has learned a lot from her older sisters, but the most important thing is: The Varags brothers are notorious heartbreakers. She's seen the tears and disasters dating a Vargas boy can cause, and she swore an oath--with candles, contracts,and everything to never have anything to do with one.
 Now Jude is the only sister still living at the house,and she's spending the summer helping her ailing father restore his vintage motorcycle. No one wants to end up with a toaster on wheels, so they hire a mechanic to help out. Was it Jude's fault he happens to be cute? And surprisingly sweet? And a Vargas?
 Jude tells herself it's strictly bike business with Emilio. Her sisters will never find out, and Jude can spot those flirty little Varags tricks a mile away--no way would she fall for them. But old warnings fade fast, because Emilio turns out to be the first guy in forever she likes. Really likes. Jude's defenses are crumbling,and if history is destined to repeat itself, she's speeding toward some serious heartbreak...
 But what if her sisters were wrong?
 Jude may have taken an oath, but she's beginning to think that when it comes down to love, some promises might be worth breaking.
                                                                                                                          

                                                              Thoughts

From what I read in the synopsis above, I knew this book would be amazing. I figured this book would be fantastic, because of all of Sarah's other books being great. 

I loved the plot, it was so original and different from all of her other books. I loved the characters as well,like: Jude, Emilio, Mari--even the father! I loved the father, he was so funny when he wasn't having one of his memory losses(hint, hint, wink, wink). He literally made laugh aloud at some parts.

Jude was actually a very likeable character for me. I managed to put up with her, and not get annoyed by her all the time. I loved her badass attitude. If I related to her feelings about her family circumstances, I would've been able to understand her a lot more, then I did while reading it. But aside from that, she was a really great character to read about, and one of the most realistic characters I've read in a long time.

Emilio turned out to be a really sweet guy in the end. Although in the beginning he was being a bit too cocky for me, he was still able to change his ways, and be this great guy that every girl loves. He was not judge worthy at all towards Jude and her family, with the circumstances that were there and, he was perfectly supportive of them. You know? I seriously want a boyfriend who is good with bikes to teach me a thing or two about them, and how to fix one up...and stuff. LOL. *jumps up and down, and giggles like a little girl* He really cared for and loved Jude..like a lot. IT WAS SO CUTE! <3 yeah that's it, i got nothing left say about that....awkward.

Overall, I enjoyed this book very much. It is truthfully one of my favourite books of all time, and I hope I will re-read this book again soon. Plus, Sarah Ockler is one of my favourite authors of all time. I love her writing style so much,because it is very relatable to what teens are actually thinking and feeling. It was all emotional and happy all at the same time. It is (again) one of those books where you learn a very valuable life lesson. This time, the lesson was: Don't focus on the past all the time. And live life with NO regrets. There's probably more lessons but that 's all I got right now(sorry). This is a great book, so i strongly recommend it to all of you! :)
                                                                                                                     

                                                                 Rating

                                                                 
                                                                    5/5
                                                     

No comments: