Thursday, October 17, 2013

Currently Reading

Hello everyone, it's Nicole Henderson here, and I hope all of you(Canadians) had a great Thanksgiving, and had a good time with your families. October has been a really busy month for me so far, and I haven't been able to find the time to read. But somehow, I ended up finishing Blue Bloods, and have started to read more of I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga; which is the book I'm reading at the moment. Since I'm halfway done reading it, I thought this would be the perfect time for me to post this, and do a quick summary on what this book is about.
Summary: Jazz Dent is the son of Billy Dent, who was the small town's serial killer. Jazz has learned lots from his dad, and has seen many of the crimes before. So, now when bodies are being discovered, Jazz realizes that a new serial killer is in town and "secretly" works with the police to figure out who it is.

Thoughts: First off, I think this book is really good, and I know it's going to get even greater as the book progresses more. At first I found it really hard to get into, and was quite slow pacing. But after the first 10 chapters, everything started to pick up, and it is now on a faster pace.
  Secondly, there's so much suspense, and a lot of mystery, it's really hard to put down this book.
 Thirdly, it's a little confusing, because this book is written in a third person perspective so I keep reading "I" instead of "He." I'm just so used to reading books in the first person, it's hard for me to adapt into reading in third person.
 And lastly, this genre of mystery, thriller, and horror is new for me. It's really cool to be reading something different, and unique. This book goes completly out of my comfort zone, which makes me realize that I do need to read things that I'm not really used to, and to expand my "reading" horizons.

No comments: