Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Genre: romance, new-adult, contemporary, young-adult

Published: November 10th 2015 

Pages: 310 

Publisher: Atria Books



Synopsis 

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist. (source


Thoughts 

I have been wanting to read this book for quite sometime now solely because people have been raving and talking about this author non-stop. This book personally was the most intriguing to me plot wise, so that's why I wanted to give this book a read. So out of curiosity, I decided to give this book and author a go. This book was so addicting and it was very difficult to put down. Colleen's writing style was what made me keep reading. It was so easy to read and it was fast paced. The characters were also entertaining and I liked them a lot. I thought they were pretty realistic however, Ben seemed to come off as unrealistic at times because no guy who's 18-23 would ever think the way he does unless they were some kind of creepy stalker type. But that didn't take away my love for this book. I will definitely be reading more of Colleen's work in the future. And if you haven't read any of her books (or this one), I highly recommend you do. 

Thought number one: I really enjoyed reading about both characters and seeing how different their circumstances were. And I really enjoyed how realistic Fallon was towards the issues that she faced in the story. I thought it was very authentic for the story and how she reacted towards Ben in the end was also very real. I will say that even though I really loved Ben, I found him to be slightly unrealistic at times because (like I previously just mentioned) there is no way any guy ages 18-23 would be thinking the way that Ben does in this book. So in that sense, Ben was not the most realistic character I've read. But that still didn't take away my enjoyment of the book. 

Thought number two: This book was so addicting and gripping. It was so hard to put down, but when I did I just wanted to pick it back up again and keep reading. Her writing style was so easy to read and it was very fast paced I also thought this book was really intense and full of angst (like its supposed to be). I loved the inspiration behind this story, as it being based off the plot from One Day by David Nichols. In that book, there was a lot of heartbreak with a mix of happiness in between, which is exactly what I got from this book. It was amazing in so many ways, and I definitely want to read more of her work. 

Rate 

4/5

No comments: