Monday, July 7, 2014

Questions about Books: Tag (1)

Hello everyone, it's Nicole Henderson here, and I know that I'm posting two blogs on the same day but I was really urgent to write another one and I couldn't wait any longer.
   So, this is my very first tag. I have never done one before, so I thought that I would go ahead and try it out. Since this blog is about books, I thought that it would be appropriate to do the questions about books tag! There are 20 questions here and I will be answering them as honest as possible.
    So without further ado, let's begin:

1. What is your favourite book?

Ummmm... I can't really choose a specific favourite. But I do have a few, and they are Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles, The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines, and generally most books from the House of Night series by P.C and Kristin Cast.

2. Who is your favourite author?

Well, I don't have one favourite author, but I have more then one. Morgan Matson, Simone Elkeles, Sarah Ockler, Elizabeth Eulberg, Nicholas Sparks, Lauren Barnholdt, and my most recent new fav. author Abbi Glines.

3. What genre do you prefer?

I will read any type of genre in young adult, except for dystopian. I just find them really boring and slow. However, contemporary has to be my favourite genre because I feel happy when reading them.

4. What is your favourite book series?

Okay, enough with the favourites! But the only series I have actually read every book of (so far) is the House of Night series by P.C and Kristin Cast. And I have started to get into the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz, and they are really good. The Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone Elkeles is another favourite.

5. What books did you hate reading in school?

Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

6. Bookstores or Libraries?

I like both, but if I had to choose one, I would say the bookstore.

7. How many books do you own?

Umm... the ones that are visible on my shelf I have 76 books. But in total I have 90 books. I know it's quite embarrassing, but I recently got rid of a ton of books, but I haven't been reading YA for a long time, so I don't have to many.

8. What is the first book you remember reading as a child?

Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan. The third book in the Cirque de Freak series. It was from my school library, at the time.

9. Do you read before bed?

I read in bed during the day, but never before bed so no.

10. What is your most comfortable reading position?

Either laying down or sitting on my bed.

11. What is the most recent book you read?

I'm currently reading The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith, and most recently read My Journey with Josie by Salvina Grice.

12. What quote from any book will you never forget? Why is it significant?

I don't have any quotes that I remember.

13. Science Fiction or Fantasy?

Fantasy.

14. What books do you regret reading?

Evermore by Alyson Noel. It was just awful, so I didn't bother to read the rest of the series.

15. How large is your bookshelf?

It's not the biggest of bookshelves, but it's a decent size.

16. On average, how many books do you read per year?

Around 48 books, but I'm trying to reach my goal of 50 books for the 2014 Reading Challenge on Goodreads.

17. What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?

I don't have a book in mind right now.

18. Do you like to read outside?

It depends, when it's nice out then yes, but if not, then no.

19. What's the biggest lesson you've learned in a book?

Don't give up on your dreams, and just be yourself.

20. Of the past year, what is the greatest book you've read?

Well, if I had to choose one, it would have to be I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga.

So, that is it for the tag. I hope to do more in the future. Until my next post, see you then.

No comments: