Saturday, July 20, 2013

Books I'm Currently Reading at the Moment

Hello everyone it's Nicole Henderson here, and I'm currently reading two books at the moment. I will be doing book reviews on them both when I'm done. I will summarize in my own words on what there about, and tell you my thoughts so far on each of them. Here are the books: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson, and Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg.

Summary: A teenage girl named Taylor Edwards has a father who is diagnosed with stage four cancer. To have one last summer together, her father decides to take his family, including Taylor, up to Lake Phoenix, where they have their lake house in the Poconos(part of Lake Phoenix). While there, she still has her friends that she left behind, like Lucy who is her former best friend, as well as Henry who was her first boyfriend. As the summer progresses things start to get better for her and her family starts to bond more, and friendships blossom. And i quote:" sometimes though, there is enough time to get a second chance- with family, with friends, and with love."

Thoughts: I am almost halfway done the book so far(I'm only at 199 pages) and it's actually a really good book. I'm very happy with it. I will say though, that i was expecting it to be to be a tad more emotional. But i can't really judge that much 'cause I'm not too far in to make a final verdict. I also wish the story would pick up a little more as well. I find that it's moving just a little to slow, which makes me not want to pick up the book as much as i would like too. Anyways besides the point, I'm still enjoying the book very much.


Summary: Lexi is a teenage girl(sixteen or seventeen) that just wants to be noticed by boys. But that is not all, she doesn't want her seven year old sister to do pageants, or her mother spending all of the family money ON the pageants, and she does not want to be ignored by her long time crush either. So, she decides to come out of her shell, and get out there in the world a little more. She becomes a person that no one has ever expected before.

Thoughts: I'm not to far in the book, to make a actual statement on it. But for now i think i will say that it's not one of her best books that i have ever read. Like it's OK, i just think it could be a little better. The good thing is, it's a short book so i will be able to read this fairly quick. What i like is that, it is a light read with a hint of drama, so it makes it one of those summer reads that not packed with the heavy content, but also not light like a feather content either. The book just has the right amount of both content in it to make it readable. Overall, i am liking the book so far.


Alright, so that is it for this blog. Those are the books I'm currently reading at the moment(hence the post title), and i hope you like seeing my thoughts on each of the books. I hope i do a pretty good job at explaining what the books are about(don't hate me). I'm still not a expert on blogging, i want to do better at it, and i want to continue to blog. So, until the next one. Goodbye, everyone.









No comments: